On the shoreline of Puget Sound, within sight of Mount Rainier, Tacoma savors an intriguing blend of rustic waterfront charm and turn-of-the-century architecture. Neighborhood districts with local charm offer unique shopping, intimate galleries, and cozy dining experiences throughout the city.
In Tacoma, the past dwells alongside the present. The city's three universities, the Washington State Historical Museum, Point Defiance Park, Zoo & Aquarium and the restored Broadway Theater district make Tacoma a cultural destination.
The following links are provided to help you maximize your enjoyment of our hometown and surrounding attractions:
* Tacoma Art Museum - www.tacomaartmuseum.org
* Museum of Glass - www.museumofglass.org
* Washington State History Museum - www.wshs.org/wshm
Events and Entertainment
* Chambers Bay Golf Course - www.chambersbaygolf.com/us-open/
* Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium - www.pdza.org
* Tacoma Rainiers Baseball - www.tacomarainiers.com
* Grand Cinema, showing art and foreign films - www.grandcinema.com
Schools and Universities
* Charles Wright Acadamy - www.charleswright.edu
* University of Puget Sound - www.ups.edu
* Pacific Lutheran University - www.plu.edu